Blogging has numerous advantages, especially in the travel industry.
Some benefits of setting up a travel blog are:
Starting a travel blog is the easy part, though. The challenge is to blog consistently to get new visitors to the site and engage with the existing readers.
Sometimes, it’s not easy to come up with ideas you can expand on in a blog post. So, we’ve put together a huge list of 101 blog post ideas for your travel blog.
Feel free to customize and expand on any these titles and build your travel website.
Most online search queries start with the words “how to”, as many people look for information on how to do something. Craft out helpful ‘how to’ travel articles that will resonate with the audience.
1. How to travel well on a budget
2. How to survive air travel with an infant
3. The best way to explore an off-beat destination
4. How to plan a delightfully romantic honeymoon
5. How to pack lightly for a long trip
6. How to get acquainted with natives in a strange land
7. How to learn any foreign language quickly
8. How to plan a road-trip across countries
9. How to get the best deals on hotels and resorts
10. Step by step guide to planning your ideal holiday
11. How to live out of a suitcase for 6 months
12. How to plan a stress-free vacation
13. How to enjoy a vacation with little kids
Lists posts are a great way to grab the attention of the audience while providing them good information they can use on their travels. Create a list of various travel tips and resources that would serve travelers well.
14. ___ tips to have a fabulous holiday without breaking the bank
15. ___ tips for your first solo adventure
16. ___ items you need in a first aid kit
17. ___ ways to survive an unplanned vacation
18. ___ things you can do if you are stranded
19. Top ___ things to pack for a trip abroad
20. ___ resources for your first trip to overseas vacation
21. ___ travel apps you need to install on your phone
22. ___ resources to conquer your travel bucket list
23. ___ tips for a hassle-free holiday
24. ___ inspirational travel quotes
25. ___ reasons to travel often
26. ___ tips to ease back into regular life after a long tour
Take a pick from destinations that your travel company endorses and make a list of popular tourist spots in that location. This gives tourists an idea of the places they can visit and historical landmarks they can marvel at on their vacation.
27. ___ best beaches in ___
28. Most popular jungle resorts in ___
29. The most luxurious hotels in ___
30. Make the most of your trip to ___
31. What to do on a 3 day vacation to ___
32. A backpacker’s guide to ___
33. The culture and traditions of ___
34. ___ architectural landmarks you can’t miss in ___
35. Places to visit on your first trip to ___
36. Become one with nature on a trip to ___
37. ___ unexplored regions of ___
38. ___ picturesque locations you’ll want to visit at ___
39. The sights and sounds of a carnival at ___
Write detailed articles on different activities visitors can take part in on their visit to a particular destination. Include a wide array of leisure and adventure activities, so it appeals to a wider audience.
40. ___ adventure sports you should try in ___
41. ___ things to do on a spa holiday
42. ___ fun activities for the beach lover
43. ___ ways to make the most of a jungle safari
44. ___ things you can strike off your bucket list by visiting ___
45. ___ winter sports you can enjoy in ___
46. ___ crazy things you can do in ___
47. ___ relaxing things you can do on a vacation alone
48. ___ fun holiday activities the whole family can enjoy
49. ___ kid friendly adventures in ___
50. What to do on a fun-packed weekend at ___
51. ___ R & R activities you can do at ___
52. Soothe your soul with leisurely activities at ___
One way to engage with people who read your travel blog, is by answering thought provoking questions. The question in the title will urge readers to ponder for themselves, and your answer in the blog post will inspire them to do something.
53. If you had all the money in the world, which place would you visit first?
54. What’s your favorite hangout in your hometown?
55. What would your dream vacation look like?
56. If you got a chance to take a road trip right now, where would you go?
57. What was your favorite memory of traveling as a child?
58. If you had a year to travel around the world, which cities would make the first cut?
59. If you could have a do-over of your honeymoon, where would you go?
60. What’s on your travel bucket list?
61. What would an exciting adventure look like for you?
62. Why do you like to travel?
63. What are the top 5 essentials you can’t travel without?
64. What is the riskiest adventure you’ve ever undertaken?
65. What are the components of a memorable holiday overseas?
Photography has always captivated the viewer’s attention and travel photography is no different. Curate beautiful pictures of picturesque locations and post them on a photo blog.
66. A photo essay on ___
67. Travel photography – do’s and don’ts
68. The beauty of nature in ___ dazzling pictures
69. ___ stunning images of beaches around the world
70. ___ pictures of wildlife photography at its best
71. ___ ways to capture the fun moments of your vacation
72. Take a walk through ___ with ___ mesmerizing real-life pictures
73. The culture of ___ explained in ___ stunning images
74. Dawn to dusk: Breathtaking photos of the sun at ___
75. Experience ___: A visual guide
76. Birdwatching 101: how to capture winged beauties on camera
77. Taking vacation photos on your phone: do’s and don’ts
Didn’t someone say the way to a person’s heart is through the stomach?! What better way to explore a place than to taste its exquisite cuisine? Make a list of foods that a location is famous for and restaurants they can visit.
78. ___ delicious fruits native to ___
79. ___ snacks you must relish on a trip to ___
80. The best cuisines from around the globe
81. ___ delicacies you must taste in ___
82. Top ___ unbeatable restaurants in ___
83. ___ delectable desserts that ___ is famous for
84. ___ foods that you cannot miss in ___
85. ___ secret recipes from ___
86. ___ quaint coffee shops to hang out in ___
87. Around the world with a spoon and a fork
88. ___ foods that look weird by taste great
89. Road side food stalls in ___ that you must visit
Personal anecdotes never fail to engage the audience. Recapture stories of your own travel adventures and share them in a blog post.
90. The time I traveled with $5 in my wallet
91. How to survive when you lose your passport
92. What to do when you fall sick in a foreign land
93. A thrilling account of my first skydiving adventure
94. Why I wouldn’t trade travelling for the world
95. How I make time for travel despite a busy schedule
96. My first ___ experience – not what I’d envisioned!
97. ___ lessons I learnt while traveling alone
98. What to do when you lose your luggage in another country
99. How I planned a month-long trip in 24 hours
100. Around the world in ___ days – how to make it happen
101. My experience of a whirlwind trip to ___
If you’re still stuck for ideas you can expand on for your travel blog, you can always use an online blog topic generator. These tools randomly generate blog post titles that can provide inspiration for your own travel articles.
Here are a few online blog topic generators you can use:
We hope this article has inspired you to gain momentum on your travel blog. Consistently sharing interesting and helpful blog posts on your travel website will get you more visitors, more clients, and therefore, more revenue.
Get ready to take your business to the next level. Lots of free resources, worksheets and eBooks to help you get started.